In India, the voter ID card, also known as the Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC), is issued by the Election Commission of India (ECI) to all eligible citizens. The voter ID card serves as proof of identity and residence for the purpose of voting in elections.
If you want to check if your name is on the voter list in India, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the ECI’s National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP) website (https://www.nvsp.in/).
- Click on the “Search in Electoral Roll” link on the homepage.
- Select your state, district, and assembly constituency from the dropdown menus.
- Enter your name or EPIC number in the search field and click on the “Search” button.
- If your name appears on the voter list, it will be displayed along with your details.
It’s important to note that the voter list is updated periodically, so it’s a good idea to check the list regularly to ensure that your name is included. If you find that your name is not on the voter list, you can contact your local electoral office to find out how to get your name added.